Friday 24 June 2016

Performance of Equity Mutual Funds in the Philippines (as of March 27, 2015)

For the past few weeks, I've posted the performance of equity UITFs that are available in the Philippines. For comparison purposes, I've also prepared the performance of equity Mutual Funds (MF). This is to provide additional information to Filipino investors who are still not sure which to get, whether UITF or MF. If time permits, I'll also prepare a weekly report for equity MFs for performance monitoring.



Unlike equity UITFs, there are only 12 equity MFs so I'll just provide the complete list (I think there's no need to provide a separate list for Top 10).

I'm surprised to see Cocolife's United Fund, Inc. at the top of the list with a YTD of 9.97%. I have to admit that whenever mutual funds are being discussed, the companies that come to my mind are ALFM, Philequity, Sunlife and ATR Kim Eng.

BPI-ALFM's funds are also doing well in this financial instrument. Together with Cocolife's United Fund, ALFM Growth Fund's YTD of 9.83% and ALFM Philippine Stock Index Fund's YTD of 9.24%  are currently outperforming the PSEi (8.95% YTD).


Additional Notes from MYPG:
Some of my figures don't match the values in pifa.com.ph. Please note that for accuracy of data, I retrieved the NAVPS values from the funds' respective website.

I can't access the December 29, 2014 NAVPS of Sun Life Prosperity Philippine Equity Fund, Inc. so I just derived the value based on the YTD shown in pifa.com.ph and the March 27, 2015 NAVPS (value could have been between 4.0875 to 4.0878).

For the Soldivo Strategic Growth Fund, Inc., the Soldivo website doesn't contain the historical and current NAVPS. I just derived the December 29, 2014 NAVPS based on the current NAVPS and YTD posted in pifa.com.ph.


Disclaimer:
The analysis posted is for informational purposes only and should not be taken as a recommendation to buy or sell a particular fund. As with any investment, past performance is not necessarily indicative of future performance. MYPG assumes no responsibility or liability for your trading and investment decisions and results.

No comments:

Post a Comment